Center for Human Nutrition
The Vanderbilt Center for Human Nutrition provides care for people who need medical nutrition support. Our team offers a full range of care for gastrointestinal diseases that affect nutrition. We are the only intestinal failure program in the region and the only dedicated celiac disease clinic in the southeast.
Conditions We Treat
We treat all nutrition-related conditions, including:
- Celiac disease
- Feeding tubes
- Fistulas leading to malnutrition
- Microscopic colitis
- Other small bowel diseases
- Short bowel syndrome
- Unexplained weight loss
Meet Your Care Team
Dawn W. AdamsMD, MS
- Celiac, Gastroenterology, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Nutritional Deficiencies and Weight Loss
Kimberly A. CurrierMSN, APRN
- Gastroenterology, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Nutritional Deficiencies and Weight Loss
Ankita M. SisselmanMD
- Celiac, Gastroenterology, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Nutrition, Nutritional Deficiencies and Weight Loss
Why Choose Center for Human Nutrition at Vanderbilt
- Team approach
Our team includes doctors, nurses, registered dietitians and pharmacists, all with special training in nutritional health.
- Clinical trials
As part of an academic medical center, we offer access to some of the most promising new approaches being tested in clinical trials. Find a clinical trial.
- Recognized care
The Center for Human Nutrition is the only such academic program in Tennessee and one of the only such centers in the Southeast. We offer the most recent research findings to help you manage malnutrition and malabsorption.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Blood tests
- Nutritional counseling