Vanderbilt Health's digital properties do not passively collect personal information about you. The information we collect includes the domain name from which you access the Internet, the IP address of your computer, the date and time you access our properties and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to our site.
We use this information to determine traffic to the various sections of our site and to help us make the site more useful. On some pages, we may collect information that does not personally identify you. This is done through a special tracking code that tells us how visitors find our webpages, usually through clickable ads on other sites. We use the information to determine which messages are most meaningful for visitors. Sometimes third-party service providers help us collect and analyze the data. Unless specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.
Inquiries emailed to us are stored, including the question and the email address information, so that we can respond. We will not collect any information that will allow us to personally identify you when you visit our website, unless you choose to offer such information. The email function on our digital properties is not a secure communication link. Your email may be seen by other Internet users while in transit to us, so do not email us if you wish to keep your message confidential.
However, to subscribe to any Vanderbilt Health email newsletters, you must give your email address. We do not share your email address with any other parties.
Links to Third-party Websites
Vanderbilt Health digital properties contains links to websites operated by third parties. Vanderbilt Health has no control over the policies of third party sites. Be sure to review the terms of those sites for their practices.
What personal information does Vanderbilt Health collect for online payments?
If you make an online payment or donation, we ask you to provide the basic information necessary to process such requests, including:
- Mailing and billing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Credit card information (type of card, account number, expiration date, CCV)
How does Vanderbilt Health use personal information for online payments?
Vanderbilt Health uses the personal information you supply for the purpose stated at the time it is collected. Other than the following exceptions, Vanderbilt Health never shares, trades, sells or otherwise discloses personal payment information to third parties:
- We supply the information to the service providers and payment gateways that enable VanderbiltHealth.com to process credit card payments. Under their agreements with us, these third party partners may not retain, share, store or use personal information for any secondary purposes.
- Credit card information may be stored temporarily to process refunds and/or recurring payments, as requested at the time of disclosure.
- We may be required to disclose the information by law, for example through applicable regulations, court orders or subpoenas.