With a brain tumor, the first step you take is important. Our expert team works together to provide a precise diagnosis, second opinion consultations and the most effective treatment options, including stereotactic radiosurgery. We combine advanced research, technology and techniques with compassionate care to create a treatment plan that meets your unique needs. We work closely with cancer experts in other disciplines to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
Conditions We Treat
We treat a range of brain conditions, including:
- Acoustic neuromas
- Benign brain tumors
- Brain cancer
- Essential Parkinson's tremor
- Trigeminal neuralgia
Meet Your Care Team
Ryan T. MerrellBS, MD
- Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neuro-Oncology, Neurologic Surgery, Neurology, Neurosciences
Lola B. ChamblessMD
- Acoustic Neuroma, Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Otolaryngology, Pituitary Surgery
Peter J. MoroneMD, MSCI
- Acoustic Neuroma, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neuro-Oncology, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Otolaryngology, Pituitary Surgery
Allen K. SillsJr, MD
- Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Spine, Spine, Comprehensive
Reid C. ThompsonMD
- Acoustic Neuroma, Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neuro-Oncology, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery
Anthony J. CmelakMD
- Cancer, Neuro-Oncology, Neurosciences, Primary and Metastatic Nervous System Cancers, Radiation Oncology, Upper Airway (Tracheal), Oral, Nasal, Lip, and Other Head and Neck Cancers
Karen M. BrownAPRN, AGACNP-BC
- Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neuro-Oncology, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery
Natalie J. HallDNP, APRN, ANVP-BC
- Aneurysm, Cerebral, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Carotid Disease, Cerebrovascular Disease, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Vascular Neurosurgery
Why Choose Brain Tumor Care at Vanderbilt
- Recognized cancer care
The National Cancer Institute designates us as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, the highest ranking by the world’s leading authority on cancer. Vanderbilt is the only such designated cancer center in the state of Tennessee that treats adults and children.
- Knowledge and experience in surgery
Our specialized team has performed more than 10,000 brain surgeries with excellent outcomes. This experience translates into the best possible care and outcomes for you.
- Specialized tumor boards
At our regular cancer care meetings, experts in your specific type of cancer from across medical disciplines work together to create a treatment plan for the most complex cases. This means expert, comprehensive care just for you.
- Team approach
Our neuro-oncologists, neurosurgeons and radiation oncologists combine their expertise to create a personalized care plan that is right for you. We also work with nutritionists and psychiatrists and psychologists to meet all of your physical and emotional needs.
- Innovation in cancer care
As a research-based cancer center, we are at the forefront of the latest treatments for brain tumors including stereotactic radiosurgery. Our commitment to research means that you receive the most current, sophisticated treatment available.
- Patient care coordinators
Our patient care coordinators guide you through your care plan. They can help you schedule appointments, gather medical records, address concerns and coordinate your care among all the specialists involved in your treatment.
- Cancer clinical trials
As a leading cancer research center, we offer the latest approaches being studied in clinical trials. When you take part in a cancer clinical trial, you have the chance to help improve treatment for others, while also receiving expert care from our experienced doctors and research nurses. Find a clinical trial at Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (Novalis Tx)
- Post-treatment support
Note: Brain tumor consults offered at Vanderbilt Integrated Internal Medicine Cedar Lane via telehealth only.