The Clinic for Transgender Health at Vanderbilt University Medical Center brings together specially trained experts to provide and coordinate comprehensive care for transgender and gender nonconforming adults.
From physicals and health screenings to hormone therapy and transition-related surgeries, our team is committed to understanding your goals and needs. No matter where you are in your journey, you’ll find what you need in a welcoming and supportive environment.
Clinic for Transgender Health: Why Choose Vanderbilt
- Gender-affirming services: Our clinic is an extension of the nationally recognized Program for LGBTQ Health at Vanderbilt. This program has earned a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign’s Equality Index for the past six years. It includes the groundbreaking Trans Buddy program, which connects patients to advocates for their medical care.
- Personalized care: We recognize that each person is unique. We take time to meet with you, understand your goals and create a personalized care plan for you. Our specialists thoroughly evaluate your physical and emotional health to make sure you get the care you need, when you need it.
- A leader in research: Vanderbilt specializes in innovative research. We have access to the latest science about transgender health. We are excited and passionate about advancing this emerging field of medicine. You will have an opportunity, if you choose, to participate in clinical trials (research studies) designed to improve care for the transgender community.
- Care for children and teens: Our colleagues in pediatric endocrinology offer family-centered care in the Transgender Clinic at Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital. To schedule an appointment for patients 18 and younger, call (615) 936-8784.
Clinic for Transgender Health Services
- Initiation and management of hormone therapy
- Urologic surgery consultation and follow-up care
- Gynecologic surgery consultation and follow-up care
- Plastic surgery consultation and follow-up care
- Coordination of care with other Vanderbilt specialists
- Coordination and referral for behavioral health services
- Coordination of primary care by Vanderbilt doctors or other primary care providers
Clinic for Transgender Health Locations
Vanderbilt Primary Care Bellevue
7069-B Highway 70 South
Nashville TN 37221
Map and Directions
Clinic for Transgender Health: Related Services and Programs
Clinic for Transgender Health: Helpful Links
Patients are seen by appointment only. To make an appointment, call (615) 538-3668. If you have any questions or need additional help, contact us at (615) 936-3879.