Estimates and Charges (Shoppable Services)
Estimate Your Out-of-Pocket Costs
Knowing what you're going to be responsible for paying out of pocket is essential to planning for your healthcare. Vanderbilt Health’s easy online tool lets you create an estimate of your personal out-of-pocket costs for many common procedures and services.
It’s just one more way we’re personalizing care for you.
At Vanderbilt Health, we work hard to provide accurate and personal estimates of your out-of-pocket costs. And if you need help paying for care, we offer financial assistance and counseling.
An estimate is just that – an estimate. It is not a guarantee of the exact amount you will be responsible for paying. Many things affect your out-of-pocket costs, including what your insurance covers and what co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles you may owe. Your care will be based on your specific needs. If the services you need change during your treatment, your out-of-pockets costs may change, too. More about understanding health insurance from Consumer Reports.
As part of new regulations in effect January 1, 2022, Good Faith Estimates will be provided for all scheduled admissions and services to patients without insurance information on file. Learn more about Good Faith Estimates.
Billing and Finance Links
- Financial Assistance
- Guide to Billing
- Estimates and Charges (Shoppable Services)
- Standard Charges
- Understanding Your Bill
- Paying Your Bill
- Billing FAQs
- Surprise Medical Bills: Know Your Rights
English | Other Languages
- For Convening Providers
- Billing Terms
- Hospital Based Clinics
- Contact Us
It's Easy To Get Your Personalized Estimate
Why We Created the Out-of-Pocket Estimates Tool
Shopping for Healthcare
An “apples-to-apples” comparison of costs between hospitals can be challenging. Many things influence pricing, including:
- Some hospitals may not include everything in an estimate. For example, the price you are quoted may not include the “professional fees” for the surgeon to do the operation, the radiologist to read the scan or other doctors’ services. At many Vanderbilt Health hospitals and clinics, our pricing and estimates include everything related to that procedure or service. At our community hospitals (Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital), some services may be provided by doctors who bill separately.
- Whether the hospital offers specialized, complex care.
- Whether the hospital is a teaching and research hospital. Some hospitals, like Vanderbilt, have a mission to improve care for everyone by training health professionals and doing research. This means you’ll have access to the latest in care and technology. Vanderbilt is consistently considered a national leader in specialty care, including heart surgery, cancer care, organ transplantation, lung and respiratory care, orthopedics, diabetes, neurosurgery and other specialties.
- What your insurance covers. Coverage provided by your health plan may differ among hospitals.