Bone Infection Care
Bone infections can be difficult to diagnose and our serious conditions that require expert care. Our comprehensive team works together to diagnose and create a care plan that is right for you.
Conditions We Treat
We treat a range of conditions, including:
- Infected fractures
- Chronic bone infections
- Infected implants
- Infected prosthetics
- Orthopedic device infections
- Bone and joint infections
Meet Your Care Team
Titus L. DanielsMD, MPH, MMHC
- Gay Men's Health, General Infectious Diseases, HIV Prevention, Including Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Infectious Disease, Infectious Diseases
Gregory G. PolkowskiII, MD, MSCR
- Adult Orthopaedics, Joint Replacement, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics
Thomas C. NaslundMD
- Aneurysm, Aortic Aneurysms, Aortic Center, Cardiac Surgery, Surgery for Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Vascular Surgery
Why Choose Bone Infection Care at Vanderbilt
- Expert care
Bone infections can be difficult to diagnose as symptoms develop slowly but infection spreads quickly. Finding care as soon as possible is critical. Our infectious disease and orthopaedic experts specialize in quickly diagnosing and treating bone infections.
- Team approach
We work together to ensure that you receive the comprehensive care you need. Our team members collaborate with each other, as well as with experts in other medical disciplines, to provide you with individual care that addresses your unique needs.
- Personalized care
We tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your treatment options to ensure you receive the best possible care.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Bone grafting
- Limb salvage surgery
- Imaging scans
- Removal of infected bone
- Bone aspirations or biopsies
- Draining of infected area