Redefining Kidney Stone Treatment—Now and for the Long-Term
Treatment of kidney stones can be painful for you and your finances. Depending on your specific health condition, a kidney stone can include emergency department visits on top of imaging, office visits and treatment. In some cases, multiple procedures are required to treat a kidney stone. Without a prevention plan in place, your risk is greater for more kidney stones in the future.
The MyUrologyHealth—Kidney Stone Treatment bundle takes an innovative approach that coordinates and “bundles” all the services needed to treat kidney stones successfully and prevent them from returning. You receive the best care from Vanderbilt’s nationally recognized team, backed by advanced services and technology. A personal patient navigator will streamline your experience, and the program is developed to ensure health care costs are transparent and predictable.
Exceptional Care at a Lower Cost
With the MyUrologyHealth—Kidney Stone Treatment bundle, you benefit from:
Comprehensive care – Our bundle takes a broad approach to kidney stone removal, including all the services needed to treat current kidney stones and prevent them from returning. Following a successful treatment journey, we will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that includes a nutrition consultation with a dietitian, comprehensive metabolic testing, 24-hour urine testing and identification of affordable long-term medications.
No surprise billings – Our bundles offer predictable out-of-pocket expenses, including imaging, emergency room visits and even multiple procedures in the event those occur.
Appropriate support – Vanderbilt Health provides personalized kidney stone management, encouraging the stone’s natural passage when appropriate. We also conduct fewer unwarranted procedures for kidney stones compared to other provider organizations. On top of that, by eliminating the cost of imaging or other recommended treatment activities, the bundle removes the financial burden from you as a patient.
Concierge treatment – From scheduling the initial office visit through recovery, our patient navigators will help your employees manage their care at every step of the process.
Better care – Providers walk alongside patients in the MyUrologyHealth bundle in a way that traditional financial models don’t allow. This personalized approach is higher-touch and produces high-quality results.
The MyUrologyHealth—Kidney Stone Treatment bundle includes coordinated, proactive care from the initial surgical visit through surgery and recovery. Services include:
- Concierge support from a dedicated patient navigator
- Office visits pre- and post-surgery
- Imaging as determined by your care team
- Specialist visits for surgery clearance
- All activities related to procedure and hospital stay
- Subsequent procedures if needed to complete treatment
- A personalized prevention plan, which includes nutrition consultation with a dietitian, comprehensive metabolic testing, 24-hour urine testing and identification of affordable long-term medications.
- Low to no out-of-pocket costs
How It Works
- You schedule a call with our patient navigator, who confirms eligibility, explains the process and collects required information. If you have been told within the last six months that you need a stone removal procedure, or if you are interested in discussing treatment options for a previous diagnosis, you will qualify for this bundle.
- Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be scheduled for an initial visit with the MyUrologyHealth team. You may also be asked to complete imaging before your appointment.
- If you do not pass your kidney stone naturally, you will undergo the appropriate surgical procedure as identified by your care team.
- Your care team will arrange post-operative check-ins to ensure you are on the road to recovery.
- For patients who undergo a surgical procedure, we also administer metabolic testing, which includes a 24-hour urine test.
- In some cases, it may take multiple procedures to treat your kidney stone. The bundle covers these complex scenarios at no additional cost to you.
- Whether you have surgery or pass your stone naturally, the bundle includes a nutrition consultation with a dietitian to prevent future kidney stones.
Please check with your employer to confirm eligibility for MyUrologyHealth—Kidney Stone Treatment or contact one of our patient navigators for more information.
To qualify for the MyUrologyHealth—Kidney Stone Treatment bundle, eligible employees must speak with a patient navigator to enroll in the program and schedule a surgical consult.
Bundle coverage begins upon bundle enrollment and ends six months after the first procedure. If you avoid surgery by passing your stone naturally, the bundle ends 100 days after enrollment and all related services will be covered. If you need treatment for an additional kidney stone in the future, you will need to begin a new bundle process.