MyHearingHealth for Employers
Better Hearing at the Speed of Sound
As our global population ages and many older workers delay retirement, employers are likely to have more employees with significant hearing loss each year. Even middle age and young adults are experiencing early onset hearing loss due to increased use of personal listening devices and medical conditions.
Adults with severe hearing loss suffer from adverse consequences in interpersonal communication and psychosocial well-being, often leading to depression, difficulties in relationships, occupational stress and reduced productivity.
Receiving a cochlear implant can be a life-changing experience for individuals with hearing loss. But overly complicated and time-consuming health care protocols have created barriers that prevent some employees from getting the hearing help they need to be their best.
MyHearingHealth combines Vanderbilt’s world-class medical care with a patient-centered process. Your employees receive the fastest and most convenient experience available anywhere, delivered by the most experienced clinical team around—all with predictable and transparent costs.
Shorter Time to Treatment Delivers Long-term Benefits
Traditionally, an employee’s journey from an initial assessment to receiving a cochlear implant can take several months. With MyHearingHealth, appointments and travel are streamlined to a single day experience in many cases.
With MyHearingHealth, we can:
- Provide you and your employees with pricing that’s predictable and transparent
- Increase convenience and experience for your employees
- Minimize time off work
- Schedule surgery faster and improve your employees’ hearing sooner
- Extend career longevity and productivity as well as improve quality of life for employees with hearing loss
Bundles Patient Credits Employer With Making Cochlear Implant Surgery a Reality
How It Works
- An interested candidate speaks with a MyHearingHealth patient navigator, who confirms eligibility, explains the process and collects required information
- The employee is connected with the cochlear implant care coordinator who streamlines preparations for the future visit.
- Once administrative eligibility has been confirmed, the audiologist reviews the employee’s audiogram and hearing history to see if they are likely to meet the clinical requirements for cochlear implant surgery. If yes, an appointment is scheduled for an in-person evaluation at our clinic. (If the audiologist determines that the employee is not a candidate for surgery, our staff will help them with an alternate course of treatment that is separate from the bundle.)
- Virtual and remote education prior to the onsite experience helps the patient prepare for the procedure and establishes a relationship with the surgeon.
- On the day of the appointment, the employee first undergoes a physical evaluation to confirm that surgery is the most appropriate approach for their hearing health. Next, the employee works with the audiologist to select a preferred device and meets with the surgeon. The same afternoon, the employee will undergo a brief operative implant procedure under general anesthesia. (If the physical evaluation determines that the employee is not a candidate for surgery, our staff will help them with an alternate course of treatment that is separate from the bundle.)
- The employee has the option to either return home the same day of surgery and schedule the follow-up visit for a later, agreed upon date, or stay nearby overnight and have the follow-up visit the next day.
- The follow-up visit includes meeting with an audiologist, the surgeon, and the cochlear implant care coordinator. The device is both activated and programmed at this time.
We are the most experienced hearing implant center in the Western Hemisphere. We conduct 10 times more implants annually than the majority of providers. We are constantly refining our process and improving our outcomes. Our strength comes from:
- An unmatched repository of clinical research and expertise
- Significant investments in surgical technologies
- An optimized process that delivers best-in-class results
- An experienced team – 40 years of surgeries, 300+ implants each year
- Unmatched service at lower total cost than other providers
Let's Get Started
Are you ready for change?
If you're a patient, please visit our MyHealth Bundles patient page and schedule time with one of our patient navigators.
If you're an employer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our sales team at (615) 421–0112 to learn more about how bundles work, our approach and the benefits of a direct partnership with Vanderbilt Health.
If you're a provider and need more information about a bundles patient, please contact our patient navigators at email@example.com or call (615) 936–BNDL (2635).