Better Hearing at the Speed of Sound
If you suffer from severe hearing loss, you are all too familiar with the impact it has on your quality of life. From endless frustration with hearing aids and an over reliance on closed captioning to difficulties in relationships, depression, and stress at work – it’s a hard burden to bear.
But this doesn’t have to be the case.
Many individuals who struggle with severe hearing loss don’t realize that a cochlear implant might be the answer they have been seeking. If your hearing aids are providing little value, receiving a cochlear implant can be a life-changing experience.
And now with MyHearingHealth, getting a cochlear implant is easier than ever before. MyHearingHealth takes an innovative approach to cochlear implants that coordinates and “bundles” all of the services needed for a successful procedure and recovery. You can enjoy the fastest and most convenient experience available, delivered by the most experienced clinical team around.
Shorter Time to Treatment Delivers Long-Term Benefits
Traditionally, a patient’s journey from an initial assessment to receiving a cochlear implant can take several months. With MyHearingHealth, appointments and travel are streamlined to a single day experience in many cases.
With MyHearingHealth, we can:
- Improve your quality of life and extend your career with a vastly improved ability to hear and communicate
- Dramatically improve the cochlear implant experience
- Schedule surgery faster and get you help sooner
- Provide you with world-class care and unmatched experience
- Connect you with some of the top-performing cochlear implant surgeons and audiologists in the country and a clinical team that is at the forefront of research and discovery
Cochlear Implant Makes Life More Vibrant for Bundles Patient
How It Works
- You schedule a call with the MyHearingHealth patient navigator, who confirms you are eligible for the bundle program, explains the process, and collects required information.
- If your employer does not have an existing MyHearingHealth agreement in place with Vanderbilt, they will need to complete a Single Case Agreement on your behalf. Your patient navigator will let you know if one of these needs be sent to your employer.
- You are then connected with the cochlear implant care coordinator who streamlines preparations for your future visit.
- Our audiologist reviews your audiogram and hearing history to see if you are likely to meet clinical requirements for cochlear implant surgery. If yes, your appointment is scheduled with our clinic for an in-person evaluation. (If the audiologist determines that you are not a candidate for surgery, our staff will help you with an alternate course of treatment that is separate from the bundle.)
- Pre-surgery education will be delivered via telehealth to help you prepare for the procedure and establish a relationship with your surgeon.
- On the day of your appointment, you will first undergo a physical evaluation to confirm that surgery is the best approach for your hearing health. Next, you will work with your audiologist to select a preferred device and meet with your surgeon. The same afternoon, you will undergo a brief operative implant procedure under general anesthesia. (If the physical evaluation determines that you are not a candidate for surgery, our staff will help you with an alternate course of treatment that is separate from the bundle.)
- You have the option to either return home the same day of your surgery and schedule your follow up visit for a later, agreed upon date with your clinical team, or stay nearby overnight and have your follow-up visit the next day.
- Your follow-up visit includes meeting with an audiologist, your surgeon and the cochlear implant care coordinator. Your device is both activated and programmed at this time.
We are the most experienced hearing implant center in the Western Hemisphere. We conduct 10 times more implants annually than the majority of providers. We pride ourselves in our:
- Center of excellence
For more than 30 years, Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center has been one of the leading hearing implant centers. Our research continues to advance effectiveness of implant technology.
- Experienced team approach
Our hearing implant team includes surgeons, audiologists, speech-language pathologists and educators. This makes them uniquely qualified to manage your diagnosis and develop a personalized care plan for you that will improve your quality of life.
- Collaborative care
We work closely with your primary care provider, otolaryngologists and other specialists in our local and regional community to provide comprehensive care and treatment. We also provide you with ongoing support through our hearing loss and tinnitus classes.
Cochlear Implant Educational Videos
Begin by checking your eligibility for the bundle in the Chat box below. Patients may participate in the MyHearingHealth bundle if they are:
- 18 years or older
- Participating in an employer-sponsored health plan
All other patients are eligible to participate in Vanderbilt’s Hearing Implant Program.
If you are eligible to participate in the MyHearingHealth bundle, you must speak with one of our patient navigators to enroll in the program and schedule your appointment.
Start a conversation in the Chat box below, schedule an appointment at this link, or call (615) 936–BNDL (2635) for more information.
Bundle coverage begins upon enrollment with a patient navigator and ends six months after surgery.