Cutaneous lymphomas are rare types of cancer that affect the skin, lymph nodes, peripheral blood and internal organs. The Vanderbilt Dermatology, Radiation Oncology and Hematology/Oncology departments evaluate and treat patients with this disease. We also evaluate patients with suspected cutaneous lymphoma or skin biopsies with atypical lymphocyte infiltrates.
After diagnosis, we develop a plan of treatment for you while planning management of side effects. Treatments include a range of therapies such as phototherapy, oral medications, targeted therapies, chemotherapy and surgery.
Conditions We Treat
- Mycosis fungoides
- Sézary syndrome
- Lymphomatoid papulosis
- Primary cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma
- Cutaneous B-cell lymphomas
- Follicular mucinosis
Meet Your Care Team
John A. ZicMD, MMHC
- Complex Medical Dermatology, Consultative Dermatology, Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma, Dermatology, General Adult Dermatology, Melanoma, Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
Jeffrey P. ZwernerMD, PhD
- Complex Medical Dermatology, Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma, Dermatology, Dermatopathology, General Adult Dermatology, Melanoma, Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
Nishitha M. ReddyMD, MBBS
- Cancer, Hematologic Cancer, Hematology/Oncology, Leukemia, Acute and Chronic, Lymphoma, Low, Intermediate, and High Grade
Austin N. KirschnerMD, PhD
- Cancer, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Leukemia, Acute and Chronic, Lymphoma, Low, Intermediate, and High Grade, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Prostate, Bladder, and Kidney Cancer, Radiation Oncology
Evan C. OsmundsonMD, PhD
- Cancer, Liver Cancer, Lung Cancer, Thymic Cancer and Mesothelioma, Lymphoma, Low, Intermediate, and High Grade, Radiation Oncology, Upper Airway (Tracheal), Oral, Nasal, Lip, and Other Head and Neck Cancers
Why Choose Cutaneous Lymphoma Care at Vanderbilt
- Knowledge and experience
Our doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating cutaneous lymphoma. Our depth of experience translates into expert, comprehensive care for you.
- Team approachWe work with other specialists to ensure you receive the comprehensive care you need. Our team members collaborate with hematologists, oncologists and radiologists, as well as clinicians in other medical disciplines, to give you individual and comprehensive care.
- Personalized care for cancer
Your tumor is unique to you. In many cases, we are able to identify the genes that make your cancer grow and use treatments that target those genes.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Systemic chemotherapy
- Extracorporeal photochemotherapy (photopheresis)
- Total skin electron beam radiotherapy
The Vanderbilt University Cutaneous Lymphoma Clinic meets every Wednesday.